The next wave of movies and shows to watch now
Whether it’s the kids or grandkids wrapping up the school year, spending a little extra time with mom or traveling with loved ones for a long weekend, the potential increase in quality family time is something many look forward to in May. When everyone is gathered together, it seems at some point the conversation always turns to who’s watching what when it comes to TV shows and movies.
Watching TV or going to the movies together can be a great way to bond, but people are discovering exciting series and films outside of cable channels and movie theaters. Even with busy schedules and differing tastes, streaming services like Netflix are always adding new shows and movies, so there’s sure to be something everyone can enjoy together (no matter how picky some family members may be). If you’re looking to discover something new or different from what you find on regular TV, here are five reasons to give an option like Netflix a try:
1. No More Fighting Over the Remote. Whether you’re sitting down to watch as a family or getting cozy on the couch for a date night in, there’s no need to commandeer the remote to ensure you have control of the entertainment choices. With a large selection of shows and movies, streaming services make it easy to find something you’ll love to watch together.
2. Like a Guide Channel That’s Customized for You. If you’re a fan of Blue Bloods, you can either catch up on old episodes, or give an option like MINDHUNTER a try. Or if you’re looking for laughs and love Friends, check out Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.. It’s like a guide channel, but because it knows your tastes, Netflix will only display show and film recommendations based on what you have watched in the past.
3. Rediscover Shows and Movies You Love. Experience some of ABBA’s greatest hits with Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth in the musical romantic comedy Mamma Mia!, or get your action fix with Matt Damon in The Bourne Ultimatum. If you’re feeling nostalgic but are looking for something outside of reruns, consider a trip down memory lane with a reboot of classic series like Lost in Space or Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.
4. Take Your Shows On-the-Go. If you’re doing any travel this spring, discover a new way to stay entertained while you’re on the go. Whether you’re on the road for work or leisure, Netflix lets you watch your favorite shows wherever you are. Just use your phone, laptop or tablet to access the service and pick up right where you left off.
5. Sign-Up is Simple. All you have to do is go online to Netflix.com, choose a plan and provide payment information and your zip code. You may also be eligible for a subscription as part of some existing cable packages, and if that is the case, you may not need any additional equipment to access it.
Find more information about countless shows and movies, sign up for a one-month free trial and set up your account at Netflix.com.