The one and only, the chili con carne. This famous soup (chili) has been a favorite of many for generations!
The perfect combination-rich yet not too filling will make you feel like tingle with delight on every spoonful.
The most wonderful thing about this dish is its flavors which combined create an amazing sensation in your mouth when eating them…
Chili Con Carne
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 pounds coarsely ground lean beef
- 2 cups kidney beans soaked overnight
- 1 jar Newman's Own Sockarooni or Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2-3 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can 8 ounces corn
- sour cream for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- Saute onion, garlic and green pepper in oil until soft. Add beef and brown.
- Add kidney beans, pasta sauce, water, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Add celery and corn; simmer 1 hour.
- Garnish with sour cream and lime wedges.