Making simple DIY projects is so easy and can transform basic containers like mason jars into pretty decretive works of art the brighten up a room and show off your personal style.
A plain old mason jar can become something amazing by simply adding some color here and some texture there.
The only limit is your imagination. These finished mason jars can be accent pieces or even centerpieces at any get-to-gather you may plan this spring.
All you need is a little time and a few materials to create something everyone will remember.
Glass Mason Jar Easter Decor
Crafting time: 3-5 hours
Skill level: Some experience necessary (adult supervision required for younger children)
Supplies and Tools:
- Mason jar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- 1/2-inch flat brush
- FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint: the color of your choice
- Mod Podge Ultra Matte finish
- Wash mason jar with mild soap and water.
- Dry and wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
- Use the hot glue gun to make your design on the Mason jar.
- Work in sections this will give the glue time to harden. ( simple flowers would be a great design for an Easter decoration.)
- After the glue has hardened paint the mason jar with the FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint and set it aside to dry. Repeat if desired.
- Finish with a coat or two of the Mod Podge Ultra Matte finish
- Fill with Easter Grass and Chocolate Bunnies, or candies of your choice.