How to upgrade your egg game
Eggs are a classic breakfast food — and for good reason! They are loaded with high-quality vitamins and good fats, making them one of the most nutritious foods in the world. But eggs aren’t just for breakfast. You can add their superfood nutrition to just about any recipe, any time of day.
Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist Dawn Jackson Blatner shares five ways to add more eggs to your life, beyond breakfast.
“The first and most important thing to do is to buy the highest quality ingredients. Not all eggs are created equal. Eggland’s Best eggs contain superior nutrition compared to ordinary eggs. With 25% less saturated fat, 10 times more vitamin E, six times more vitamin D, and double the omega-3s, adding Eggland’s Best to your grocery list is a simple way to boost nutrition any time of day,” says Blatner.
Here are five ways we can all add more eggs to our life:
1. Lunch kit — Make a quick and balanced lunch for adults or kids by whipping up a simple egg salad and pairing with whole-grain crackers, grapes and cucumber slices in a container. Swap in different crackers, fruits, and veggies to keep things interesting.
2. Midday snack — When afternoon hunger hits, eggs are a nutrient-packed snack that can keep you feeling fuller longer, keeping your nutrition goals on track. For a convenient, on-the-go snack, try Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs from Eggland’s Best, which offer essential vitamins and nutrients without the hassle of boiling and peeling eggs at home.
3. Sheet pan supper — In need of a quick, fool-proof dinner that’ll please the whole family? Try baking a large batch of scrambled eggs on a sheet pan. Add all your family’s favorite mix-ins like veggies or cheese and you’ll have a meal in minutes. Serve with chicken sausage links, whole-grain toast, and fresh fruit for a lighter take on breakfast for dinner.
4. Party food — Eggs make a great addition to a party menu, from mini quiche to deviled eggs. When making classic deviled eggs, swap in mashed avocado for the mayo to get extra nutrition.
5. Fuel for fitness — Eggs are a perfect pre- or post-workout snack. Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium for strong bones, while omega-3s soothe muscles during recovery. Eggland’s Best eggs contain six times more vitamin D and more than double the omega-3s, making them the best egg to incorporate into your healthy snack.
To upgrade a classic quiche to enjoy any time of day, try this Spinach Quiche with Turkey Bacon & Goat Cheese from Eggland’s Best: Spinach Quiche with Turkey Bacon & Goat Cheese