Food is a gift from the heart. It’s one-size-fits-all, and you don’t need to fight the crowds at the mall or worry about blowing your budget.
Whether for holiday presents or hostess gifts, receiving something homemade is truly what the season is about: sharing comfort and good cheer.
For a festive twist to your delectable goodies, look no further than your freezer. Aside from their bright, joyful color, frozen red raspberries’ sweet and tart flavors make them versatile from a culinary standpoint, complementing and enhancing a wide range of ingredients. These jubilant rubies are also nutritional powerhouses, boasting the most fiber and the lowest natural sugar content compared to other berries.
These recipes are sure to warm your friends’ and family members’ hearts with the taste of the holidays. Find more recipes worth sharing this holiday season at redrazz.org.
Fun, Festive, Frozen Raspberries
Not only do raspberries lend the perfect seasonal hue to homemade gifts from the kitchen, these bright red berries offer numerous nutritional and other benefits, according to Lisa Samuel, RDN, MBA of NourishRDs.com. Frozen raspberries, which are available year-round, offer:
• 80 calories per cup, with no added sugar or preservatives
• More fiber than any other berry at 9 grams per cup
• One of the lowest in natural sugar content compared to other berries
• High in vitamin C, providing 60 percent of the Recommended Daily Value per cup
• Convenience and consistent quality right out of the freezer, with no waste or spoilage
• Frozen at peak ripeness