This holiday season celebrate with loved ones by serving up fresh takes on classic dishes that will have your guests reaching for seconds. After all, the holidays are all about bringing the whole family together, and a warm, inviting meal is at the heart of every memorable gathering.
Delicious stuffing dishes-with a twist!
While delectable entrees are often revered as the “stars” of most holiday meals, many agree that a holiday dinner is not complete without the stuffing. The scrumptious combination of fine breads and savory seasonings brings tradition and warmth to any spread. This year, add a dose of the unexpected to your own holiday menu by serving up a twist on classic stuffing, using one of these mouth-watering recipes featuring Pepperidge Farm(r) Stuffing. Made from premium bread and flavorful ingredients, this delicious side (also available in a new unseasoned mix) provides a high-quality foundation for creating praise-worthy stuffing dishes.
The Apple-Raisin Stuffing recipe highlights the seasonal flavors of cinnamon, apples and raisins for a savory-yet-sweet dish, while the Caramelized Onion with Pancetta and Rosemary Stuffing recipe boasts the rich, salty flavors of pancetta alongside sweeter caramelized onions.
For more information, visit www.pepperidgefarm.com.
Recipe: Apple-Raisin Stuffing
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s(r) Condensed Chicken Broth
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farm(r) Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and heat to boil.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Add stuffing, apples, raisins and cinnamon and mix lightly.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until stuffing is hot.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories: 396; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 34 mg; Sodium: 1354mg;
- Total Carbohydrate: 59g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Protein: 8 g; Vitamin A: 8%DV; Vitamin C: 6%DV; Calcium: 7%DV; Iron: 15%DV.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe: Caramelized Onion with Pancetta and Rosemary Stuffing
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 package (4 ounces) cubed pancetta (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 cups Swanson(r) Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 package (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm(r) Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 15 minutes or until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir pancetta, garlic, celery and rosemary in saucepan and cook until pancetta is well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth and sherry and heat to boil. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into greased 3-quart casserole. Cover casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until stuffing mixture is hot.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving (with Regular Chicken Broth): Calories: 244;
- Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 23 mg; Sodium: 828mg; Total Carbohydrate: 29g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Protein: 6g; Vitamin A: 4%DV; Vitamin C: 2%DV; Calcium: 4%DV; Iron: 9%DV.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cook time: 1 Hour 20 Min.
Number of servings (yield): 12