Halloween Spooky Cans
Get the kids involved with Halloween decorations this year with these easy-to-make “spooky cans” resembling a bat, Frankenstein and a mummy.
For more craft ideas, visit our Crafting Section.
- 1 soup can
- 1 paint brush
- 1 bottle black acrylic paint
- 1 white fabric marker
- 1 black foam sheet
- 1 white foam sheet
- 1-2 hot glue sticks
- 1 hot glue gun
- 2 googly eyes
- Remove label from soup can.
- Using paint brush, paint soup can with black paint. Let dry. Apply more coats, if needed, drying between each coat.
- Using white fabric marker, draw bat wings and bat ears on black foam sheet. Using scissors, cut out bat wings and bat ears. Set aside.
- Using scissors, cut two small triangles from white foam sheet for bat fangs.
- Load hot glue stick into gun and allow to heat up. Apply glue on large edge of bat wing and press onto soup can. Repeat with second wing. Apply hot glue to bottoms of bat ears and apply to front inside of soup can. Apply hot glue to bottoms of bat fangs, turn upside down with points toward bottom and press onto soup can. Apply hot glue to backs of googly eyes and press onto soup can.