Halloween Spooky Cans
Get the kids involved with Halloween decorations this year with these easy-to-make “spooky cans” resembling a bat, Frankenstein and a mummy.
For more craft ideas, visit our Crafting Section.
- 1 soup can
- 2 paint brushes
- 1 bottle green acrylic paint
- pinking shears
- 1 black felt sheet
- 1 white foam sheet
- 1 bottle white acrylic paint
- 2 cork screws
- 1-2 hot glue gun sticks
- 1 hot glue gun
- 2 googly eyes
- Remove label from soup can.
- Using one paint brush, paint soup can with green paint. Let dry. Apply more coats, if needed, drying between each coat.
- Using pinking shears, cut one circle from black felt sheet 1/4-inch larger than soup can.
- Cut two small rectangles, one slightly shorter than other, from white foam sheet for teeth.
- Using other paint brush and white paint, paint cork screws. Allow to dry.
- Load hot glue stick into gun and allow to heat up. Apply glue to teeth and place on soup can.
- Cut thin sliver of black felt for lip line. Glue above teeth.
- Glue googly eyes onto can above mouth.
- Put line of glue along top of soup can. Place felt circle on top of glue area. Place glue bead along upper side of can to bend over felt to create hairline.
- Glue cork screws to either side of bottom of can.