Basketball season is in full swing, and Oklahoman’s are ready to Thunder Up with these game day sandwiches and a dessert that will be a hit at any party.
Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 (24-ounce) package Fast Fixin Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/3 cup Hiland Butter, melted
- ½ cup Buffalo-style hot sau
- 6 sub sandwich buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato, pickle
- Bake chicken at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine melted butter and hot sauce in a shallow bowl.
- Once chicken is out of oven, place it in the butter mixture, turning to coat.
- Place five chicken strips on each toasted bun.
- Top with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing and lettuce, tomato and pickle, if desired.
Recipe: Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup Hiland Buttermilk
- 1 cup Garden Club mayonnaise
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir in blue cheese.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
Recipe: Fish Filet Sandwich with Suan’s® Scotch Bonnet Mango Lemon Glaze
- Fish filet of firm white fish such as cod
- Suan’s® Scotch Bonnet Mango Lemon Fruit Butter
- Garden Club® Mayonnaise/Suan’s® Scotch Bonnet Flavor Sauce dressing
- Hiland Dairy® Butter
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Whole wheat bread
- Deli coleslaw
- Prepare whole wheat bread by combining equal parts of Hiland Dairy® butter and olive oil, brushing both sides of wheat bread with butter/olive oil. In heavy skillet heated to medium heat, toast bread, turning once.
- Remove from skillet.
- Wipe fish with damp paper towel, quickly ‘wash’ with fresh squeezed lemon juice, wipe-off.
- In heavy skillet which can be transferred to oven, add enough olive oil to just cover bottom of skillet that you have toasted the bread, heat skillet to medium high
- Add fish filets, brown and turn once
- Spoon on Suan’s® Scotch Bonnet Mango Lemon Butter to glaze
- Continue to cook, just before done, place under broiler until Mango Lemon Fruit Butter is bubbling.
- Remove; keep warm until sandwich is assembled.
- To assemble sandwich spread Garden Club® Mayonnaise and Suan’s® Scotch Bonnet Flavor Sauce dressing on each slice of toasted bread.
- On first slice of bread, add coleslaw, top with fish, cover with second slice of toasted wheat toasted bread.
- Cut in-half and serve warm.
Recipe: German Chocolate Pie Brownies
- 1 Field’s German Chocolate Pie, thawed
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Shawnee Mills Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- Remove pie from pie pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 1 to 2-inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, vegetable oil, water and eggs.
- Mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in pie pieces, being sure to mix but not crush the pie crust.
- Place batter into prepared 9″ X 9″ baking pan.
- Bake at 340 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Delicious topped with whipped Hiland Heavy Whipping Cream.
For more information visit www.miocoalition.com.