Peanut Granola Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes, plus 30-45 minutes cooling time
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick or regular)
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, blueberries or cranberries)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- In large, shallow, microwavable dish, combine honey, butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Microwave at 50% power 2 minutes then whisk to combine and microwave at 50% power 2 minutes.
- Add oats, bran flakes, coconut flakes, dried fruit and peanuts; stir to combine. Microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and microwave 30 seconds.
- Press mixture into 13-by-9-inch baking dish lined with parchment or wax paper with some extra hanging over edges to easily lift bars out. Use bottom of glass wrapped with plastic wrap to press granola mixture firmly into pan. Allow to cool completely 30-45 minutes. Cut into 12-14 bars.