Summertime is the time to calm down, refresh and take pleasure in sweet and heavenly treats.
Whilst you’re lounging poolside and watching the children play, take pleasure in a cool, creamy, and completely divine dessert that’s excellent on a sizzling summer day.
This luscious Coconut Key Lime Cream Pie has an easy texture with toasted shredded coconut on top. It’s sweet, however not too sweet, and can leave your taste buds wanting extra as quickly as you are taking your first forkful.
Fresh out of the fridge, it’s ultimate for everybody to share on these days when it’s simply too hot outdoors to not have a refreshing and relaxing snack.
Additionally topped with lime zest and maraschino cherries, visually this pie is a winner with enjoyable pops of color that are sure to leave your mouth watering.
The Perfect Summertime Coconut Key Lime Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 package 11 ounces vanilla wafers
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice divided
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- lime zest
- maraschino cherries
- In blender, pulse vanilla wafers into crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press crumbs into bottom and up sides of greased 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat whipping cream until it thickens. Add confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon lime juice; beat until stiff peaks form. Remove 1 cup; set aside.
- In separate large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and coconut extract; beat until blended. Add remaining lime juice and shredded coconut; stir until combined. Add reserved whipped cream. Stir until combined. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with toasted coconut, lime zest and maraschino cherries.