Do you want to create some fun at the breakfast table for the little ones in the house? Well, we have your recipe answer.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose waffle and baking mix
- 1 1/3cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Sunflower color from McCormick Color from Nature Food Colors, divided
- 1 teaspoon Berry color from McCormick Color from Nature Food Colors
- 1/2 teaspoon Sky Blue color from McCormick Color from Nature Food Colors
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Heat round waffle iron. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix together waffle mix, milk, egg, oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon each sunflower and berry colors until blended. Let batter stand 5 minutes to allow color to fully develop.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto center of waffle iron. Close lid. Cook about 3 minutes, or until no longer steaming. Carefully remove waffle. Repeat with remaining batter. Cut each waffle into 8 triangles. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir sky blue color and remaining sunflower color into cream. Add confectioners’ sugar and remaining vanilla; beat with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon into re-sealable plastic bag. Cut piece off one bottom corner.
- To decorate and serve waffles, place waffle triangles onto serving plates and pipe green colored cream on wide side of each triangle to resemble carrot tops.