Your leftover holiday dinner has now just become your amazing post holiday breakfast special. Give this leftover ham recipe a try one morning.
Leftover Ham and Bacon Hash
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, diced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham or Smithfield Hickory Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham, cooked
- 4 slices Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2-3 eggs, fried or poached to preference (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 425° F. In large bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, salt and pepper until combined. Add potatoes and mushrooms, and toss to coat.
- Spread potato mixture evenly onto two lightly oiled or nonstick, rimmed baking pans and roast in oven 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes and mushrooms have started to brown, stirring halfway through cooking. Add any leftover bacon or ham to mixture and stir.
- Add in roasted peppers to oven-safe serving casserole (if desired) and top with cheese. Bake additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has softened and begun to melt. Top hash with eggs, if desired, and sliced basil.