Toss out the old traditional jar of mint jam and add some pazazz to your holiday meals with some new sauces and dips like this Mint-Pistachio Pesto or a Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Rosemary Sea Salt.
Recipe courtesy of the American Lamb Board
- 1 cup shelled, toasted, unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pinch of red chili flakes
- In food processor, pulse all ingredients until mixed but still somewhat chunky.