If you’re looking for a simple sweet and delightful cherry sauce that will not only make your mouth water and will delight your dinner guests all at the same time.
This amazing cherry sauce recipe is the one you’ll want.
Mouthwatering Cherry Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh Northwest-grown sweet cherries
- 4 cups dried cranberries
- 4 peels (2 inches each) fresh ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons citrus zest (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- fresh herbs (optional)
- raspberries (optional)
- In medium saucepot, add water, syrup and sweet cherries. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally and more frequently as sauce begins to form.
- Add cranberries; continue stirring. Once reduced, remove from heat and add fresh ginger, citrus zest, black pepper, fresh herbs and raspberries, if desired.
- Cool 30 minutes-1 hour before transferring to wider, shallow pan for speed cooling.
- Once cooled, store refrigerated in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images (Cherry Sauce)