Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Bates of “The Chef Next Door” on behalf of Milk Means More
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup peppermint baking pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- To make cheesecake batter: Place cream cheese in bowl of stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and peppermint extract; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and beat mixture until blended.
- To make brownie batter: In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt until combined. In separate bowl, whisk sugar, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Pour brownie batter evenly into prepared pan. Carefully pour cheesecake batter over top, spreading evenly.
- Carefully swirl layers together using knife tip. Bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of brownies with peppermint baking pieces and bake 10 minutes until brownies are set.
- Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into 16 squares.
Equipment Used to Create This Recipe
Raising a healthy family is very important and we'd like you to join our weekly newsletter to get our family life tips delivered directly to you to enjoy at a time that is convenient for you.