Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Gurk of “Rachel Cooks” on behalf of Milk Means More
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes freeze time
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2-2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Gradually add flour and mix on low until combined. Add baking chips and continue mixing on low until fully combined.
- On wax paper or parchment paper, form dough into 12-14-inch log and freeze at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut shortbread dough into 1/4-inch slices; bake 13-15 minutes on parchment-lined baking sheets.
Items Used in Creating this Recipe
Find more recipes for the holidays at milkmeansmore.org.
Raising a healthy family is very important and we'd like you to join our weekly newsletter to get our family life tips delivered directly to you to enjoy at a time that is convenient for you.