Take a simpler approach to making supper with this fairly easy slow-cooker recipe – Pork Chops Smothered in Onions and Mushrooms for an instant, savory supper. With trouble-free meal recipes like this, you’ll have a remedy to the age-old question “what’s for supper?”
Pork Chops Smothered in Onions and Mushrooms
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 6 slices Smithfield Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 Smithfield Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin Roast, cut into five 1-inch chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup no-salt-added chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until browned and crisp. Carefully remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Brown pork chops in bacon grease over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes per side; remove chops from skillet.
- Add butter to bacon grease in skillet; saute onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper until onions have browned and are tender. Stir in stock, vinegar and garlic; cook and stir until reduced by half.
- Add browned chops and cooked bacon to skillet. Cover and simmer until internal temperature of meat reaches 150° F, turning once, about 10 minutes.