This juicy ribeye steak recipe will not only satisfy the hungriest meat-eater at your dinner table. But will have everyone wanting to attend your next backyard grill out.
Smoky Bacon, Chive and Shallot Butter Ribeye Steak
Recipe courtesy of Omaha Steaks
Cook time: 25 minutes
Rest time: 30 minutes
- 4 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In small saute pan, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned and crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to small bowl.
- Cut 1 stick butter into pieces. Add pieces to drippings and cook, stirring often, until butter foams and browns, about 5-8 minutes.
- Strain mixture into medium bowl or bowl of stand mixer. Stir in minced shallot.
- Allow bacon fat-butter mixture to cool 30 minutes, or until it reaches room temperature.
- Add remaining stick butter to bacon fat mixture. Using hand mixer or stand mixer, beat until light and fluffy. Add chives, vinegar and reserved bacon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place butter mixture in refrigerator and allow to firm slightly. Butter can be made up to 3 days in advance. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour prior to serving to allow butter to soften.