On the sweetest day of the year, a day full of flowers, love, and sweets, Valentine’s Day is the ultimate opportunity to try a different dessert meant for two!
It’s hard to resist a perfectly blended, rose-red, luscious Red Velvet Mug Cake.
It’s the perfect size, with just a handful of instructions, and it’s easily cooked before your eyes in the microwave. That’s right, the Microwave!
This mug cake is a simple way to make something delicious and keep the portions small. Whether you have a small party, just you and your loved one, or just simply want something easy and small, this quick treat is designed just for you.
Valentine’s Day means sharing with someone how much you care, and it’s difficult to find a better way than to share something sweet.
This dessert has Valentine’s Day written all over it, however, it can be enjoyed anytime throughout the year and is perfect for a late-night snack if you’re craving something sugary-sweet.
Red Velvet Mug Cake
6 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
30 drops red food coloring
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- In a large (12-ounce) mug use a small whisk to combine the following dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- To the dry ingredients add milk, melted butter, vanilla, and food coloring to the dry ingredients; mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Drop cream cheese mixture into the cake batter.
- Press into batter until covered.
Microwave for up to 3 minutes until the cake is done. (Note: heating will continue after removing from the microwave so do NOT exceed 3 minutes.)
Check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake, it should come out clean when the cake is done.
You May Be Interested in These: