Holiday main dishes to make your meal merry
Pork Crown Roast with Garlic Herb Rub
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup thyme, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup rosemary, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound fresh pearl onions, peeled and halved
- 1 Omaha Steaks Pork Crown Roast
- Thaw roast completely and remove plastic packaging.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare rub by combining salt, pepper, garlic, herbs and 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rub with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss with potatoes and onions.
- Liberally rub all sides of roast with remaining rub, including in between bones. Put any excess rub on top.
- Place roast on foil lined sheet pan and spread potatoes and onions around sides of roast. Cook on center rack of oven for approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes to 2 hours and 35 minutes for a 9-pound roast, or until internal temperature reaches 145 F in the middle.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting away string and slicing between bones for 16 even portions. Serve with roasted red potatoes and pearl onions in natural au jus.
You May Like: KitchenAid Artisan Series
Easily make your favorite cakes and multiple batches of cookie dough with the 5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl with comfortable handle that the KitchenAid Artisan Series Mixer has to offer. With 10 speeds, the standmixer will quickly become your kitchen’s culinary center as you mix, knead and whip ingredients with ease. And for even more versatility, the power hub fits optional attachments from food grinders to pasta makers and more.