Twice-Baked Sweet and Savory Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup Premier Protein Vanilla Shake
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Prick potatoes with fork and bake 45-60 minutes.
- During last 15 minutes, cook bacon in small pan until crispy. Drain all but 1 teaspoon of fat and cook shallots over low heat until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- When potatoes are soft and cooked, remove from oven and carefully cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out soft flesh, keeping outside shell intact.
- In bowl, mash potato flesh with cooked shallots, protein shake, salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fill empty potato shells with mixture. Top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until potatoes are hot. Turn on broiler and cook, watching carefully, until cheese is lightly browned. Serve immediately.